The Dual Credit Option
Dual Credit Option
KET is partnering with Morehead State University to offer dual credit options for several distance learning courses through Morehead's Early College program. This program offers students the opportunity to earn three hours of college credit upon the successful completion of their course. Public colleges and universities in Kentucky have agreements in place to make it easy to transfer college credits. If you plan to transfer the credits, please check with the college or university you would like to attend to make sure the MSU college credits will transfer.
KET currently offers a dual credit option for Arts in Culture, German I and II, and Latin I and II. We are pleased to announce that, beginning Fall 2016, our dual credit offerings will expand to include the following courses:
- Mandarin Chinese I and II
- Spanish I and II
Students who plan to apply should be certain these criteria are met before beginning the course:
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and a minimum 18 ACT composite score. A 21 ACT Plan composite can be used for admission purposes but will need qualifying benchmark scores to come from some other assessment such as KYOTE, Compass or ACT;
- Have junior or senior class standing;
- Meet any course requirements or prerequisites such as ACT scores or increased scores set by the school district;
- Complete the MSU Early College Application and Registration Form;
- Follow the policies and procedures of MSU and KET Distance Learning;
- Complete assignments as required;
- Maintain a HS GPA of 3.0 or higher and a MSU GPA of 2.5 or higher to continue enrolling in MSU classes as an Early College student; and
- Schools, districts, parents or students agree to pay $150 fee to MSU for the three hours of college credit per student in addition to KET Distance Learning's standard registration fee.
Call classroom manager Linda Hofacker at 1-800-333-9764 for more information.