Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer classes year-round?
- What are the start and finish dates for KET classes?
- How do KET classes fit into block schedules?
- Can students begin classes in January?
- How are students registered?
- How much does it cost to register for KET classes?
- What are the attributes of successful distance learning students?
- Can students register themselves?
- How do students get feedback from their KET teachers?
- What are your teachers' qualifications?
- Do you give final grades for KET courses?
- Do you award high school credit for KET courses?
- I am home-schooling my children. Can I still use your program?
- What technology is needed for KET classes?
- How do students get textbooks or do they need textbooks?
- How many lessons are required to complete the courses?
- How much time do KET classes take daily?
Questions About Facilitators
- Is a facilitator necessary?
- What does a facilitator do?
- Who can serve as a facilitator?
- How do I find out more about being a facilitator?
Questions About German
- Does the facilitator need to speak German?
- Is there a required textbook for the German courses?
- How long are the telephone lessons?
- Does the school need to pay for telephone calls?
- How does KET find German tutors?
- A student took German 1 in a "regular" classroom and used a different book. Can he or she take German 2 with KET?
Questions About Arts and Humanities
- Can students take the Arts in Culture course as an independent study?
- How does the KET Humanities through the Arts resource differ from the other courses offered through KET?
- How is testing and grading handled in Humanities through the Arts resource?
- Can students take Humanities through the Arts by independent study?
Questions About Latin
- Do students need textbooks?
- How many lessons are needed for course credit?
- Can students who have already taken one or more years of Latin at their school or from another provider enroll in KET Latin II, III, or Latin Literature?
- Are KET Latin courses appropriate for middle school students?
- Do middle school students receive high school credit for Latin?
- Can any of the Latin courses be taken as an independent study?
- Can all Latin courses be taken on a block schedule?
- What are the prerequisites for Latin Literature?
- If students take AP® Latin, do they have to take the AP® exam?
Questions About Physics
- Should students enroll in Honors Physics or AP® Physics B?
- Do students need a textbook in Honors Physics or AP® Physics B?
- Do students have to take a Physics course before taking Honors or AP® Physics B?
- Are there any prerequisites for physics courses?
- Are there labs involved? If so, what equipment will students need need?
- Can students take these courses on a block schedule?
- How is testing and grading handled in physics courses?
- Can any of the physics courses be taken as independent study?
- If students take AP® Physics B, do they have to take the AP exam?